Fritos taco salad recipe also known as haystacks. This 15 minute no fuss dinner is made with Fritos corn chips and is so easy and delicious.
Looking for the chow mein cookies instead? Try this recipe!
Growing up, I thought that everyone knew about haystacks. After getting stationed here and there with my husband, I found out NO ONE knew about haystack dinners.
The best way to describe it is like a taco salad. But it’s way better than that….
It’s a haystack.
Follow us on
If it helps, you can think of it like a taco salad but there is one ingredient that you have to use. No substitutes or you’ve completely changed the dish into something else.
It’s the Fritos. I’m serious on this one. You can’t use tortilla style, you can’t use Doritos. No.
You 100% have to use Fritos.
FRITOS TACO SALAD AKA HAYSTACK
- Beans (canned black beans or homemade pinto beans)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded Iceburg lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Ground beef
How to assemble
Start by placing a generous handful of Fritos chips on the plate and crush with the heal of your palm.
- Add beans (or ground beef)
- Next add cheese so that it begins to melt with the beans
- Add shredded Iceburg lettuce on top of the cheese
- Then diced tomatoes
- Top it off with salsa and sour cream
By the end of this you’ll realize that even though you thought you were adding small amounts, you in fact made a giant stack. A Haystack if you will.
You might like these recipes too!
Fritos Taco Salad AKA Haystacks
- 1 Bag Frito Chips
- 1 15oz Can Black beans or homemade Pinto beans
- 2 cups Lettuce
- 1 cup Diced Tomato
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- Start by placing a generous handful of Frito chips on the plate and crush with the heal of your palm.
- Add bean, cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa and sour cream.
- The nutrition information provided is an estimate and will very based on different bands of ingredients used and cooking methods.
Follow us on…
Back to Sara’s Kitchen
Back to Home Page
Like this idea? Save this recipe to Pinterest for later by clicking the photo below!