Fast, Easy, Delicious Pizza sauce the entire family will love.
Last Year I took on the challenge of learning how to cook pizza on the grill. To go with moms homemade pizza night, we now make our own dough and pizza sauce from scratch. It’s easy and delicious. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
Pizza Sauce Ingredients
- 1 28oz can whole peeled tomatoes in juices
- 1/2 can of 6oz tomato paste
- 1/2 small onion
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1-2 TBS honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Pizza Sauce Two Ways
In a blender mix 28 oz can of peeled tomatoes in juices, 1/2 can of tomato paste, 1/2 small onion and 3-4 cloves of fresh garlic, until smooth. I go a little heavier on the garlic. Yum!
Pour in sauce pan and add remaining ingredients. We use pure NH or VT maple syrup (thank you Aunt Judy!) if you’re using something else, I might try one table spoon to start. Honey works great too.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Personally, I love chunky pizza sauce.
Using the same ingredients- Heat oil over medium heat. Add chopped 1/2 onion and 3-4 minced garlic cloves. Give a stir and add 28oz can of whole peeled tomatoes, in juices.
Using a potato masher or fork, break the whole tomatoes into bite sizes.
Add remaining ingredients and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 TSBP Olive oil
- 1/2 Small Onion
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 28oz Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1/2 6oz Can Tomato Paste
- 1-2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- In a blender add 1/2 onion, 2-3 cloves garlic, 28oz can of tomatoes in their juices and half a 6 oz can of tomato paste.
- Pour into a sauce pan and add remaining seasoning and maple syrup to taste.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.