Tater Tot Casserole. The best homemade Tater Tot Casserole with fresh green beans and cream of mushroom soup. Comfort food the family will love.
This Tater Tot Casserole recipe has been my husband’s comfort food ever since we were married. It’s the meal I make when I know he’s had a hard day and the meal he most asks for when I’m making my grocery list.
So needless to say that when I went vegan… it hurt his soul a little bit.
No, he was fine…
Our diet has changed a bit here and there and I’ve learned some great new recipes because of it. So when we started bringing certain things back in our diet, you better believe this was his first request.
TATER TOT CASSEROLE
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 lb Fresh Green Geans (about 2 handfuls)
- 1 1/2 cup Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup. Recipe Here (If you’d rather do canned soup, its 2-10 oz cans. One condensed mushroom. One condensed cream of chicken)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese (plus extra for the top)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 32oz Package Tater Tots
Preheat oven to 425.
Wash and steam your green beens to a bright green color making sure not to overcook them.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté your onion and brown your beef.
Once beef is fully cooked, discard excess fat and place in large mixing bowl.
Add cream of mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir.
Add steamed green beans and mix until combined.
BAKE AT 425°
Pour into large baking dish and add the tater tots on top, making them into straight lines.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until tater tots are crispy.
Add extra cheese to the top.
Melt and serve.
Comfort foods are important and when you can switch out a few things, like fresh green beans and homemade cream of mushroom soup, that’s a great bonus.
This tater tot casserole recipe is back in the meal rotation!
Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 lb Fresh green beans (about two handfuls)
- 1 32oz Package Tater tots
- 1 1/2 cups Homemade cream of mushroom soup (or 2 cans condensed cream of soup. One mushroom One chicken)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (plus extra for top)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425Wash and steam your green beens to a bright green color making sure not to overcook them. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute your onion and brown your beef. Once beef is fully cooked, drain excess fat and place in large mixing bowl. Add cream of mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir.Add steamed green beans and mix until combined. Pour into large baking dish and add the tater tots on top. Making them into straight lines. Bake for 30-40 until tater tots are crispy. Add extra cheese to the top.Melt and serve.
You also might like…
Follow me on…
Back to Sara’s Kitchen
Back to Home Page
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!