31 Things to do in Arkansas in the summer, with kids. Little outdoor adventures, where to swim and family activities. All in central Arkansas.
I love spending the summer with our kids! The summers get planned before the final bell rings and we’re ready to be our best selves.
Homemade breakfasts, watching the humming birds, practicing our reading. A chore chart will get put on the wall to help keep us organized. Oh! How can we earn Minecraft minutes? Let’s make ticket stubs for our chores.
Do you know how many of these things actually happen? No… not zero. Give us some credit.
All of them…. on day one. Well, the kids already made the Minecraft tickets before summer break. So where does that put us?
Follow me on…
That’s just what happens in the summer. Things just get away from you. Appointments take over. The regular chores take over. Grocery shopping, dentists, checkups, work!
But when we do find some time, we like to get out and explore. So we’ve created a list of things to do in Arkansas in the summer. A summer bucket list if you will. That way you can worry about the appointments and take a look at the bucket list when you find a little extra time in your schedule.
31 Things to do in Arkansas
Little Rock- Museums and Play places
- Take the Trolley Downtown (it’s free)
- Visit the Museum of Discovery (don’t forget to validate your parking)
- Explore the Witt Stevens Central Arkansas Nature Center (Free)
- Visit the Tunnels Playground and Splash Pad (located behind the Little Rock River Market)
- Little Rock Zoo
- The Wonder Place– Indoor play place for young children
- Visit the Historic Arkansas Museum (free, and they have a children’s area upstairs)(Free parking on site)
- Take a quick trip to the Old Mill in North Little Rock
Little Outdoor Adventures-
- Indian Rock Cave and Trail – Fairfield Bay, Arkansas
- Bear Cave Trail – Petit Jean State Park
- Rock Cave House – Petit Jean State Park
- Bridal Veil Falls – Heber Springs
- Garven Woodland Gardens – Hot Springs
Swimming and Splash Zones
- Cabot Aquatic Park
- Indian Lakes Resort – Austin, Arkansas
- Laurel Park Splash Pad – Conway
- Woolly Hollow State Park
- Little Rock Air Force Base Pool (Those with base access)
- Greers Ferry Lake
- Dam Site Marina
- Sandy Beach
- Old Highway 25 Beach Park
- Sign up for the Kids Bowl Free program
- Cockrills Country Critters – Austin, Arkansas
- Mid-America Science Museum – Hot Springs
- Dig for diamonds at the Carter of Diamonds State Park – Small waterpark on site
- Big Rock Fun Park – Mini golf, go carts and more
- Toad Suck Mini Golf – Conway
- Arkansas Statium – Ice skating and roller skating
- Searcy Skate Family Entertainment Center – Check out $2 Tuesdays!
- Ubran Air Trampoline Park – in Conway and Little Rock
- Vortex Arcade – Sherwood, Arkansas
- Jacks Ultrasports Paintball and Lasertag – Conway
- Cabot Movie Theater- Monday and Thursday’s at 11am. $4 family movies – View more details
Put on the list
Have you been to the Petit Jean Car show and swap meet? From June 15th- June 19th they’ll hold the 64th annual Petit Jean show a swap meet. It’s a fun day to check out the cars with dad for Father’s Day weekend and when you’re done, check out the hikes (and fresh fudge) at Petit Jean State Park.
The summer heat in Arkansas can be tough, but if you get out early enough you can explore some of these great family adventures. Lake days are always fun and anytime you can find a deal on a summer movie at the movie theater, is a good day.
We’ll see you guys out there!
You also might like…
Back to Travel Life
Back to Home Page
Save this post to Pinterest for later!