Easy camping pasta recipe with chicken fettuccini Alfredo. Delicious grilled chicken and grape tomatoes in a creamy Alfredo sauce.
It’s taken a bit of time getting into the swing of things when it comes to camping meals. At first it was a bit overwhelming when we we’re looking to cook more than just the typical hamburgers and hot dogs.
And asking for meal suggestions can be equally as hard when everyone’s dinner ideas very so much, or they reply with “if you can cook it at home, you can cook it while camping.” That’s not very helpful.
Follow me on…
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Since we’re doing grilled chicken fettuccine with grilled grape tomatoes and spinach, we are keeping it simple with our favorite jarred Alfredo sauce. Making this recipe quick, easy, and delicious.
So if we’re going to get technical this is more of a meal idea than a recipe. However, I will be showing you how we grill our chicken and tomatoes easily over the campfire. Giving them a delicious smokey and juicy flavor.
CAMPING PASTA RECIPE
Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo
- 3 chicken breasts (approximately ½ a pound)
- 0.8 oz. fettuccini noodles (approximately ½ a box)
- 10 oz. grape tomatoes
- ⅔ jar of Alfredo sauce (we like to use Newman’s Own Alfredo Sauce)
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
START A CAMPFIRE
We like to do a lot of cooking over the campfire. And by we, I mean me. It’s me. My husband would much rather just start the grill but my thought is that we already have a campfire going (which we almost always do) why do we need to wait while the coals heat up and then cook?!
My favorite multi use skillet that we use is this 3 in 1 deep cast iron skillet with reversible lid. I can cook almost anything I need in that bad boy. Which is exactly the type of practical buy I’m looking for while camping. A camping utensil that is used several different ways and not just one. Storage is precious so I can’t be bothered with all the things.
A lot of times our campsite has a grate that goes over the campfire and that is what we’ll be using to grill our chicken.
Start a low fire under the grate and place the grill side of the cast iron skillet onto the grate.
GRILL THE CHICKEN AND GRAPE TOMATOES
Slice the chicken into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper.
Place on grill and allow to cook fully, flipping them with tongs as you go.
Set aside once fully cooked.
Place the cherry tomatoes on the grill and turn until nice and charred. Set aside.
Using heat safe gloves, move the grill lid to a cooler part of the fire grate to cool.
COOK THE PASTA
While the chicken is cooking, boil the pasta water. For this we like to use the outdoor kitchen of our camper. Once the water is boiling, season with salt and add half a box of fettuccini. Cook until al dente.
Rinse and chop off the stems of the fresh spinach. Add to pasta water. Cook.
Add Alfredo sauce to the pot and heat on low. Add the cooked pasta, spinach, chicken and tomatoes. Combine.
Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
This camping pasta recipe idea is so simple to make and tastes amazing around the campfire. I hope your family enjoys it just as much as we do.
Camping Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- 3 in 1 cast iron skillet
- 1/2 lb Chicken breasts (approximately 3 chicken breasts)
- 8 oz Fettuccini noodles ( 1/2 a box)
- 10 oz Grape tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup Jar Alfredo sauce
- 12 0z bunch of fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start a low fire under the grate and place the grill side of the cast iron skillet onto the grate.
- Slice 3 chicken breasts into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill and allow to cook fully, flipping them with tongs as you go. Set aside.
- Place 1-10 oz package of cherry tomatoes on the grill and turn until nice and charred. Set aside. Using heat safe gloves, move the grill lid to a cooler part of the fire grate to cool.
- While the chicken is cooking boil the pasta water. For this we like to use our outdoor kitchen. Once the water is boiling, season with salt and 8 oz. (half a box) of fettuccini. Cook until al dente.
- Rinse and chop off the stems of 1 bunch fresh spinach. Add to pasta water. Cook.
- Strain. Add ⅔ jar Alfredo sauce to the pot (approximately 1 1/4 cup) heat on low. Add the cooked pasta, spinach, chicken and tomatoes. Combine.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE
BACK TO TRAVEL LIFE
BACK TO HOME PAGE
Like this camping recipe idea? Save this post to Pinterest for later by clicking the image below!