Step by step directions on how to make pizza on the grill recipe, that the entire family will love!
Grilled pizza has become our new favorite meal. It’s easy, fast and not as intimidating as you would think. This is coming from someone who before this didn’t know how to turn on the grill!
So whether you’ve never turned on the grill or are a grilling master who hasn’t tried grilled pizza, this is the how to for you.
Follow me on…
Every family has that one easy meal that everyone enjoys. And as you grow, you start looking back fondly on the meals and family time you use to have when you were younger.
Now that I’m the mom in charge of the meal memories, I wanted us to create something that was easy, special and something the kids can take part in as well.
I first started making pizza at home 3 years ago.
WE HAD JUST MOVED TO THIS DUTY STATION AND I WANTED TO CREATE A NEW NORMAL. MOM’S HOMEMADE PIZZA NIGHT!
A memory our kids could look back on.
How to make Grilled Pizza-Recipe
You can either buy pizza dough and sauce at the store or make your own at home like we do.
It only takes a few minutes; you just need to give the dough time to rise.
Grilled Pizza Accessories
- Pizza Stone
- Pizza Peel
- Pizza Cutter
First you’re going to want to grab your pizza stone. (I feel like a bunch of you just went “oooooh” in your head. Signifying now you know how it doesn’t fall through the grate.) Magic pizza stone.
At what temperature do you cook Grilled Pizza
Put the stone on the grill and turn it on high. You want it around 450 or higher.
While the grill heats up stretch out your dough into a circle.
Bring out everything you’ll need for making pizza.
- Olive oil
- Brush & Tongs
- Oven mitt
- Sauce with Spoon
- Cheese and toppings
Put a little flour on the pizza peel and transfer your dough.
Slide the dough from the peel to the pizza stone.
Apply a generous amount of olive oil, spread on top and close the lid.
How long does it take a make Grilled Pizza
You only want to leave it for about 2-3 minutes at 450 before you add your cheese and toppings. Then allow to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Take your tongs and slide the pizza onto the peel. Cut into slices with your pizza cutter and Voila!
You have grilled one delicious pizza.
I found that making 3 pizzas is perfect for us. It takes around 7-8 minutes per pizza and is enough for a family of four with a little left over.
Grilled Pizza Toppings
- Onions & Peppers
- Buffalo Chicken/turkey
- Mozzarella and Basil
- Ground Beef
Our personal favorites are red onion with tomato, and pepperoni with mushrooms. Other days we put on left overs; cooked ground beef or buffalo turkey.
Mom’s Homemade Pizza Night
Since we started cooking it on the grill, mom’s homemade pizza night has become one of the meal memories I know they’ll cherish. The days of playing in the yard just waiting for mom to call “Pizza’s ready!”
We’ve Created a new normal and can finally say, we’ve settled in.
How to make Pizza on the Grill
- Pizza stone, Pizza peel, Pizza cutter, tongs, spoon, oven mitt
- Place your pizza stone on your grill
- Start your grill, wait for the temperature to reach 450
- Roll or stretch your dough and place it on your lightly floured pizza peel
- Transfer from pizza peel to pizza stone
- Add a table spoon of olive oil to your dough and spread coating the entire top of the dough
- Close the lid and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes. You'll start to see air bubbles form
- Once the air bubbles begin to form add a thin layer of pizza sauce, cheese and your toppings
- Continue to cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until your cheese is melted
- Use your tongs to transfer the cooked pizza back unto your pizza peel
- Using your pizza cutter, slice your pizza into the desired number to pieces.
You Also Might Like
Follow me on…
Back to Sara’s Kitchen